Every time you are booking an airline ticket, you will be in a better position if you do a bit of due diligence before you confirm the reservation. You will always save some money on the cost of your trip if you do so. You may find a cheaper fare by choosing to travel on multiple airlines on different legs of your trip. This can save you some bucks, but at the same time you are advised to book with the same carrier for your round trip whenever possible. The simple reason behind this is that when you need to cancel, you may get hit with some big fees.
So you can follow some rules mentioned below to cancel an airline ticket if the round trip involves two airlines:
1. Some airline allows you to cancel within 24 hours from the time you make your reservation. So, keep the time limit in mind and cancel your airline ticket accordingly else you may have to pay a cancellation fee after 24 hours.
2. Always collect any documentation which you have about the flights you are looking to cancel. This includes your receipt of purchase, itineraries and any paper tickets.
3. You can call your travel agent, online booking agent or the travel company with which you got your air ticket booked and inform them that you want to cancel one of your flight in your round trip booking. Now because you booked your round trip as one unit, your agent should be able to cancel the reservation under the same confirmation number.
4. You can simply pay the cancellation fee charged by the particular airline and then cancel your flight of your round trip.
Cancel a return flight on a round trip ticket
When you want to cancel a return flight on a round trip ticket then it will depend on the airline and the fare basis rules of the airline which flight you are looking to cancel. You can do it online where you booked your ticket or you can call your travel agent or online booking agent and inform them to cancel your return flight on a round trip ticket which they booked for you.
Changing and cancelling a Southwest flight ticket
If you booked your ticket with Southwest and now you want to change or cancel your flight then you can go to cancel reservation page on the website of Southwest and then enter information as asked there in the fields with labels as Confirmation, First Name and Last Name and then click on Continue button. Now you can follow further on screen instruction to change or cancel a Southwest flight ticket. If you booked from a travel agent on online booking agent then you can call him and ask to change or cancel your flight ticket.
Avoid paying airline change fees
You can follow below steps to avoid paying airline change fee when you have to:
1. Try to change your ticket within the first 24 hours from the time of your booking.
2. Some airlines allow you to change your ticket if you have a death in the family or there is summon for jury duty. However you must send the copy of obituary or summons to save yourself from being charged a fee.
3. If the airline which you booked changes its departure or arrival time then you can change to a different flight for free.
4. You can use a credit card which allows trip change coverage.
5. Always book directly from the airline and avoid booking from third party. Also you should buy a flexible ticket.
6. If at all you have to change then do it on as soon as possible basis as doing so can save you from being charged a higher fee.
Southwest flight cancellation number
If you booked your flight with Southwest on phone then you need to dial Southwest flight cancellation number when you have to cancel your flight for some reason. You can dial this number and inform the person on the phone about your reason and canceling your flight.
Source Link:- http://bit.ly/2jYHh8f
Here at flycoair.com you can book your ticket at low cost